Every man and his dog is looking for clues about the new Imperial Guard releases - to the point of faking images it seems.
So I was flicking through the Games Workshop Escalation book today and noticed something that might be interesting in one of the illustrations.
Lets be honest, the amount of deviation from the minis is pretty high in the illustrations generally, but it's fun to guess...
- Have a look at the high collar and extra neck/ chin protection. Could we be seeing more heavy armour on Imperial Guard troops?
- The snub nose on this lasgun. Was it removed because it was taking up too much of the picture or is this a new carbine version or even an assault rifle version of the lasgun? There are rumours of autoguns in the new boxed set...
- You can see the bandolier on this guys back (also present on example #4). Are these grenades or ammunition?
- This guard has an object on his left shoulder, Predator-style. Is this a communications device, an auxiliary weapon or something else?
- The long knife on this guardsman may be a pointer to more pouches and the like being included in the kit, not unlike the newer Space Marine Boxed Set.
I would certainly like to see heavier armour for the Imperial Guard, or at least the Stormtroopers or Veterans that are supposed to be released too.
What are your thoughts on the new Imperial Guard sets to be released?
What are you hoping for and what rumours do you think are just a bit nutty - this one excluded obviously... :-)