It's really easy sometimes to just get wrapped up in "the new" and leave some of the older projects on the back-burner. Who doesn't love "new"?
Well, today seemed as good a day as any to catch up on some projects that have been neglected.
For a while now I have been looking for a quicker War Hounds scheme, I have a Dark Elf Dark Rider that's been sitting around since their release, my floundering War Hounds dreadnought needs some love (or a repaint), I have a new scheme for the Dark Eldar in mind and the Treeman keeps staring from the table wondering what he's done wrong and why he get attention any more.
++ More after the jump ++
The purple was a new technique experimenting with Nuln Oil; I did the basecoat, then 2 levels of highlights, then washed it with Nuln Oil. Not sure the look is entirely what I want, but fun to try.
All the metals and the blaster were washed with Nuln Oil and the bones were white, then a yellowy tan colour, then white again, then a wash of Agrax Earthshade. I really like the bones in his topknot, which is just white washed with a mid grey and highlighted with the base colour.
I went for a steampunk look for the weapon - something I'll be sticking with for the Dark Eldar.